Are you worried about your damaged teeth? Then you considering dental fillings will be of help. For treating teeth infected with cavities, dentists recommend dental fillings. The dentist removes the decayed part of your tooth before filling the space that had the decayed tooth pulp. Thus, the primary purpose of dental fillings is to safeguard the hollow space against further damage and protect it from oral infections and diseases.Additionally, your dentist can also suggest dental fillings as an option for repairing broken and cracked teeth.
What are the benefits of dental fillings?
More and more people are visiting dentists for dental fillings in Keller, TX, because of the various advantages of dental fillings. Some of the benefits of dental fillings are listed below:
- Dental fillings support a tooth with a weakened structure.
- Tooth fillings protect a tooth from various oral infections.
- Dental fillings enhance the functionality of a tooth, such as chewing, biting, etc.
- Tooth fillings also repair worn-down teeth because of tooth grinding and nail-biting.
What happens in a dental filling treatment?
A lot of people have a misconception that the process of getting dental filling sis intimidating. But, in reality, the process is simple. The dental filling treatment process generally has five steps, which are as follows:
- Using anesthesia:The use of anesthesia is optional when it comes to the dental filling treatment. Because getting dental fillings is a simple process, it doesn’t need anesthesia. However, in case you have a sensitive tooth, the dentist will opt for general anesthesia for numbing the surrounding tissues before the process.
- Removing the decay:The dentist then drills out the decayed part of the tooth, which, in turn, leaves a space for the dental filling.
- Etching:In this step, the dentist applies an acid gel on your tooth to enable the filling to strongly bond to your tooth.
- Bonding:The dentist, in this step, places the dental filling inside the tooth after applying a coat of resin.
- Polishing:For making the dental filling blend in with the rest of your teeth and less noticeable, the dentist polishes your tooth. Polishing also helps you in comfortably biting into your food.
If you are still unsure whether dental filling care for you? Get in touch with us at DoK—Dentist of Keller today! If you are concerned about the cost of dental filling in Keller, TX, worry not! We have several treatment options along with experienced dentists for dental fillings.