Periodontal problem or gum disease is a very common issue faced by numerous people all across the nation. It is generally caused due to the buildup of plaque in between the teeth and along the gum line. The plaque consists of harmful bacteria that are responsible for gum disease and other serious dental problems. Ignoring gum disease for a long time can be the reason for nightmares. But, adopting a few preventive measures might enable you to avoid the chances of suffering from gum problems or periodontal disease. In this blog, we are going to provide you with those tips and talk about various other aspects of gum disease as well. So, without wasting any more minutes, let us just delve deeper into this topic.
What is a Gum Disease?
Gum disease is an oral problem that develops as a result of plaque buildup above and below the gum line. Plaque is a colorless film-like substance that consists of potentially dangerous bacteria. Apart from gum disease, plaque buildup can also be responsible for teeth decay. The primary challenge of gum disease is that it goes undetected at the early stages. Therefore, you must be careful in identifying the early signs of this problem. We have provided the common symptoms of gum diseases in the pointers below:
- Unusual inflammation in the gums
- Gums that are reddish
- Suffering from the problem of bleeding gums during brushing or flossing
- Tenderness in the gums
- Having to deal with issues such as foul breath or a bad taste
If you experience any of the symptoms listed above, do not hesitate to call a dentist in your area. Gum disease or periodontal problems have a few stages. Getting in touch with a dental professional at an early stage can save you the trouble of facing serious difficulties. You can book an appointment at The DOK – Dentist of Keller if you are looking for the best gum treatment in Keller, TX.
Effective Tips To Have Healthy Gums
The best Keller dentist has come up with preventive tips that can help you avoid gum disease with ease. Go through them and incorporate these tips into your daily life for the best results.
- Brush your teeth – Brushing helps to remove the food particles stuck in between your teeth and along the gum line. Not removing these remnant particles on a daily basis can lead to the formation of plaque which in turn contributes to the chances of suffering from gum problems or periodontal diseases. It is advisable to brush at least twice a day. Use a toothbrush that has softer bristles. Lastly, people often brush their teeth right after eating food. This is not right at all. Always try to maintain a time gap of 30 minutes to 1 hour between consuming food and brushing for the best results. Never skip brushing your gums as well.
- Flossing is a must – Flossing your teeth is essential to avoid serious gum disease. The reason behind it is pretty simple. Using a piece of floss helps to clean the areas that cannot be reached by your toothbrush. Floss before brushing at least once a day for the best results.
- Use a mouthwash regularly – Rinse your mouth with mouthwash to get rid of the bacteria that cause periodontal diseases. You can get a variety of mouthwashes at the market in today’s time. Make sure to choose a mouthwash that is appropriate for your oral needs.
- Do not smoke – Smoking is often considered to be a primary reason for gum disease. If you smoke regularly, now is the time to give it up. Apart from periodontal problems, smoking can cause serious other dental problems as well.
We hope that you have now gained a clear idea about the ways to avoid gum diseases. You need to remember that prevention is always better than cure. So take proper care of your gums when there is still time. In case of any confusion or queries related to this topic, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. The DOK – Dentist of Keller is considered to be the most loved dentist in the neighborhood as we make sure to impart knowledge related to oral care along with providing the best quality dental treatments. Call us today.