Even though you might never wish it to happen to you, dental emergencies are quite common. Over recent years, more Americans have been visiting hospital emergency care to receive oral treatments, as per the American Dental Association (ADA). Are you dealing with a dental problem and unsure about whether it’s a dental emergency? Then, here’s how you will realize what kind of dental care you require! And also how to find an Emergency Dentist if you need one!
What constitutes a Dental Emergency?
- Loose tooth
- Severe toothache
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen jaw
- Abscessed tooth
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Mouth tastes like metal
Finding an Emergency Dentist
- First, contact your dentist instantly if you’re facing an emergency. The ADA states that maximum dentists pause all their scheduled work for attending to emergency patients. So you may be able to visit your dentist instantly.
- Where are they located? Usually when there’s a dental emergency, the nearer the dental office, the better. If you reside far away from your dentist’s office, you can use the ADA’s online tool. The tool helps to look for a certified dentist near you.
- If your emergency occurs overnight, on the weekend or during a holiday — still try to contact your dentist. Their voicemail message may render instructions for emergencies or the contact number for a local on-call Emergency Dentist.
- Always look for Affordability! Does your dental office accept your insurance? Not every dental office accepts all kinds of dental insurance. If they don’t, you gotta pay for your treatment out of pocket. Understanding this beforehand can help you decide which office you should pick.
- Is there any anesthesia available? Instant action may be needed, based on your dental emergency! In this case, anesthesia could aid you to relax so that pain is tackled during your treatment. Ask each potential dental office what category of anesthetic they are licensed to provide.
- Always choose Modern Services! Is the facility neat and clean? Do you feel comfortable being treated there? If it isn’t clean and organized or the devices appear outdated, don’t hesitate to visit elsewhere. While you might be suffering with pain, it’s better to be treated in a sterile environment! And obviously, with the advanced technology and tools! Ensure the dental team is wearing the proper protective gear while attending patients, such as gloves.
Get the Immediate Care you need!
If you too are in search of an ‘Emergency Dentist near me’ in, TX then call us at Dentist of Keller for prompt emergency services. We have the best dentists on board to provide you comfort from your pain. We are available 24/7 to make sure that you receive the treatment you require!
Implement healthy oral habits and also go for regular check-ups. A customized treatment plan can be created to address any issues before they turn into an emergency.