Cosmetic dentistry is on the rise nowadays. When you wish to put on that camera-ready smile, you have plenty of choices for cosmetic dental work. This is a practice of professional oral care that aims on upgrading the dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and definitely your smile! Even certain cases of treatment offer restorative benefits.
Common Practices of Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening: Also termed as ‘teeth bleaching’! This procedure can lighten and brighten your teeth shade from any discoloration or yellow staining within an hour. This can only be done when your specialist first ensures that no plaque, tartar, or other debris is present. It can be done in our dental office at Dentist of Keller in Keller, TX, or at home. Check with your Cosmetic Dentist first, for additional details.
- Dental Veneers: A veneer is received by individuals suffering from dental conditions like slightly crooked, discolored or chipped teeth, or even to cover gaps in between the teeth. Veneers are a thin shell formed of porcelain or composite material. They’re customized for each patient and cemented to the front side of the tooth which seems like original teeth.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a metal device created to replace missing teeth when they are lost due to an accident, extraction or other dental troubles. The device is basically formed of titanium and is surgically applied into the jawbone where the tooth is missing. You can think of Dental Implants as artificial tooth roots, which appears like screws. The screws are nothing but titanium cylinders that are surgically being affixed into the jawbone, where there are missing teeth just below the gums. Once they are implanted, they connect with your natural bone. Implants can support artificial teeth like a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Dental Crowns: Crowns, popularly known as ‘caps’, are tailor-made to fit aptly over your whole tooth to upgrade its shape, size, strength, or appearance. They are naturally created of acrylic or porcelain that has been fused to metal, resin or ceramic. Crowns are actually used to treat patients whose teeth are improperly shaped, decayed, broken, chipped, or have had large fillings, or to cover gaps in between teeth.
- Teeth Shaping: Popularly termed as “enamel shaping,” the cosmetic dentist can reshape the tooth by filling or removing some of your enamel. This technique is basically not painful and can deliver instant results.
- Tooth Bonding: It’s one of the uncomplicated and most cost-effective Cosmetic Dentistry procedures available! In this practice, tooth-colored materials are bonded to the tooth. This treatment is done to revive or enhance the appearance of a tooth that has been highly stained, broken, or cracked or has worn-down edges.
- Orthodontics (Braces): Braces can fix your crooked or misaligned teeth, and can boost a healthy smile, be it adult or kid. Braces start to perform by applying stable pressure over time to slowly move teeth into alignment.
Schedule an appointment with your dentist at Dentist of Keller to ensure which technique is best for your dental problems. However, remember, Cosmetic dentistry is usually not covered by dental insurance!